To Establish Server Connection:
- Download the FileZilla client software from the FileZilla website.
- Install and open the FileZilla client software.
- Select File > Site Manager…
- Select the New Site button in the dialog window.
- Rename the new site to "Schoolzilla".
- In the General tab, enter the follow
- Enter your customer specific URL in the Host field (ex: 12345-files.schoolzilla.com).
- Leave the ‘Port’ field blank.
- Select SFTP - SSH File Transfer Protocol from the Protocol drop-down menu.
- Select Ask for password in the Logon Type field.In the General tab, enter the following
Note: With "Remember password for this session" checked, even if you disconnect from the server, you will be able to automatically reconnect without being prompted for a password as long as you have not closed the application.
FileZilla will connect to Schoolzilla’s SFTP server. In the main FileZilla window, you’ll be presented with your local hard drive folder structure on the left, and Schoolzilla’s SFTP server file structure on the right. Your access to Schoolzilla’s server will be limited to a folder created specifically for you. You may create folders and add, delete, or modify files within this default folder:
To Add Folders to Your Folder on Schoolzilla’s Server:
- Right-click in the area of your uploaded files on Schoolzilla’s secure server.
- Select Create Directory and enter directory name.
To Add Files to Schoolzilla’s Server:
- Navigate to the file you want to move to the Schoolzilla server in the local files area of FileZilla
- Select the file(s) you want to move.
- Drag and drop the files from your local file area across to the Schoolzilla server’s file area within FileZilla. The files will then be uploaded and appear on the Schoolzilla server's file area.
Note: You may need to right click the Schoolzilla file area and select ‘Refresh’ before the file(s) will appear in the Filezilla application.
To Remove Files from Schoolzilla Server:
- Select the file you want to remove in the Schoolzilla server file area.
- Right-click the file and select Delete. Select Yes in the resulting dialog box if you are certain you want to delete the file.