I. Set up your OneLogin app
- Create a OneLogin account if necessary, log in, and click Apps > Add Apps. Search for "SAML" and choose OneLogin SAML Test (IdP w/ Attr).
- Give your app a name like "Schoolzilla", check Visible in Portal, and click Save.
- Configure your app.
You can find the information you need to enter on this page at http://app.schoolzilla.com/sso/setup/saml, the Schoolzilla SAML Single-Sign On Setup page. You can copy paste from "Your SAML Endpoints" on the SAML Single Sign-On page into the OneLogin configuration page.
This is an example: The number at the end of the URLs will be unique; it is associated with your Customer ID
Note: You need to log into Schoolzilla as an admin to reach this page. If you do not yet have an account, you may create your own at https://app.schoolzilla.com/register. Make sure you enter your organization's name in the District field, or else you will not be able to manage SSO settings.
- For each of the following fields under "Configuration", copy and paste the following values from the Schoolzilla SAML Single Sign-On page:
- SAML Consumer URL: Your Single Sign On URL
- SAML Audience: Your Audience
- SAML Recipient: Your Single Sign On URL
- Default RelayState: Your Endpoint
- ACS Validator: ^schoolzilla.org/saml2/$
- Pass the First Name and Last Name as Parameters. Under "Parameters", make sure the following values are being passed
- Email (SAML NameID): Email
- First Name (Attribute): First Name
- Last Name (Attribute): Last Name
- Click Save, then click More Actions in the top right, and choose Idp Metadata to download your metadata. Save this file. You will need it to configure your SSO settings at Schoolzilla.
II. Register your IdP information with Schoolzilla
- Return to the Schoolzilla IdP configuration page where you found your SAML endpoints (https://app.schoolzilla.com/sso/setup/saml).
- Upload the file you saved in step 6, or copy and paste the URL of your Identity Provider's metadata, and press Save.
Congratulations! You have connected OneLogin SSO to Schoolzilla. You can now assign users to your app in the Users tab in OneLogin, and you can test out your configuration by going back to the homepage in OneLogin and clicking on your new app. If you need more help, feel free to contact us and we'll be happy to help!