We currently support four roles:
- Schoolzilla Administrators
- School Leaders (e.g., superintendents, principals)
- Teachers (e.g., teacher, counselors)
- Restricted Users (e.g., trusted partners and board members)
Here's an overview permissions for each of these roles:
|District Profile||Our Schools||School Profile||Our Students||Student Profile|
|School/District Leaders||ALL||ALL||ONLY THOSE ASSIGNED*||ALL IN ASSIGNED SCHOOL(S)||ALL IN ASSIGNED SCHOOL(S)|
|Teachers||ALL||ALL||ONLY THOSE ASSIGNED**||ONLY THOSE ASSIGNED**||ONLY THOSE ASSIGNED**|
|Restricted Users||ALL||ALL||NO ACCESS||NO ACCESS||NO ACCESS|
* You may assign school and district leaders to schools on the My Users page. District leaders should be added as "School Leaders" and assigned to all schools.
** Teachers are associated with all students who are currently enrolled in classes they teach. School association is determined based on enrollment.
*** Restricted users are not permitted to view school profiles or student-level data in order to protect student privacy.
- Can access all dashboards & data
- Is permitted to view/configure settings pages (Data Configuration Settings, Metric Settings, My Data, My Schools, My Users)
- Submits configuration data to Implementations / Support teams (via Support tickets)
The school leader role can be:
- District Leader - user who has a school leader role and has multiple schools assigned to them in My Users
- School Leader - user who has a school leader role and only has one school assigned in My Users
Both district and school leaders:
- Can access all dashboards
- Can view all schools & their data on the Our Schools dashboard
- Can access any school profile for the schools assigned in My Users
- Can view data associated with students in the schools assigned in My Users
- Are NOT permitted to view admin settings pages (e.g., My Users, My Schools, My Data)
Users that are assigned as teachers via My Users are typically teachers, counselors, specialists or anyone who should only be able to see data for some students, but not all students in a school. Teachers are currently able to view the following dashboards:
- District Profile: View all data in the District Profile.
- Our Schools: View all schools’ aggregate level data, and can only click on the schools associated with students that they have access to set via the rostering process in your student information system.
- School Profile: Only view the school associated with students that they have access to set via the rostering process in your student information system.
- Our Students: Only view the students rostered to them in the student information system
- Student Profile: Only view the students rostered to them in the student information system
Restricted Users are only able to view the District Profile and Our Schools. While they are able to view metrics for groups of students within a school (e.g., boys at a particular high school), they do not have access to any individual student information. Since they are not admin users, they cannot view or edit administrative settings for any Schoolzilla application.
Restricted Users should NOT be used for providing access to the general public or to families, given that some groups of students (e.g.,free reduced lunch, special ed) may be small enough that a local community member who knows the students in a particular school may be able to match the metric data to individual students. The Restricted User role is to be used only for trusted partners, board members and others who have an educational purpose for tracking school and district progress towards goals.
We know many of you are interested in sharing progress on metrics with your broader community. We would appreciate hearing from you to help us design a public-facing version of that will engage your communities in ways that drive positive action for students while protecting student privacy.