Schoolzilla’s District Progress Monitoring Dashboards support research-backed metrics to help districts and schools monitor progress toward successful outcomes.
New metrics are added regularly in order to address more of your critical questions.
What metrics are supported?
Download the current list of metrics and general definitions in the Metric Calculations and Business Rules section.
What data integrations are supported?
We support a wide variety of SISes; normed-, college-readiness-, English-language-, and reading-assessments; and state tests. A full list of our integrations is available here. We add more integrations routinely so please talk to your project manager or account executive if you don't see an integration on this list.
Can I add my own metric? How?
Can metrics be calculated using custom fields?
No. We cannot calculate a metric using custom fields. However, we are able to bring in custom student groups that are tracked in your student information system to enable you to disaggregate data on the horizontal bar chart on a tile.
How are metrics calculated?
- District and School Metrics: For all metrics, we calculate the latest overall district result and latest result per school. Additional breakdowns over time, configurable demographic group, performance levels, and highest and lowest results are also available. We also support three periodicity types - annual, ongoing or periodic. Annual metrics show up to three years of data on the trendline view, while ongoing or periodic basis display up to two years of data.
- Student Metrics: For each metric that is calculated at the district or school level, we also calculate one student result.** Typically, a student's result is the performance level, which is used to determine whether they meet or do not meet expectations for the district or school metric.
**Exceptions: Enrollment and chronic absence do not have corresponding student metrics. Only currently enrolled students will be listed on Our Students or have a Student Profile. If you'd like to view attendance rates per student, include an Average Daily Attendance metric on your student dashboards.
- Performance Level Defaults: You can view the default performance levels for each metric in the Metric Calculations and Business Rules.
For details on each metric, please review the Metric Business Rules.
Which students are included in the denominator?
The default dataset used in the denominator varies by metric.
Please note that while the district and school results may include students enrolled at that time, the students listed on Our Students and in Student Profile only include currently enrolled students.
Can I change which students are included in the denominator?
The following inclusions or exclusions are configurable. These configurations are not currently supported through Data Configuration Settings, so please submit a ticket for support.
- A specific demographic group value, such as 3rd graders or a specific EL status, based on values that are in the standardized groupings you set up in Data Configuration Settings. Grade Level values will be applied to a student's current grade level for all metrics, except for Course Failure metrics which are applied to a student's grade at the time the grade was received.
- Specific schools
- Specific school levels or school regions, based on values that you set up in My Schools.
- Specific values for which grade types, terms or grading periods Schoolzilla uses in course failures metrics, such as including only records where Grade Type is "Report Card" or certain Terms such as "S1".
- Specific values for columns in dimTest (data that describes a test), such as including only records where Test Subject is "Science".
Please note that behavior metrics (e.g., suspensions, office discipline referrals) do not currently support all filters listed above.