The Metric Settings tool gives you control over what's most meaningful to display on your dashboards for each metric. In this tool:
- You can choose whether a metric should display on your dashboards, including limiting to particular schools.
- You can describe each metric using terms that your leaders and teachers are familiar with. Specifically, you can edit metric names and definitions.
- You can add one link for each metric to go to another tool or resource.
- You can set a district-wide and school-specific goals for each metric. The goal determines the color of the overall results and categories in the bar graph view (green for meeting goal, red for not).
How to Navigate to Metric Settings
Schoolzilla administrators can navigate to Metric Settings in two ways:
- Go to Setting -> Metric Settings in the top navigation menu.
- Click on the gear icon on a tile.
How to Use Metric Settings
You can toggle the visibility on for each metric. In addition, you can choose to display the metric for particular schools, which limits what is shown on the school-based dashboards (School Profile, Our Students and Student Profile).
Please note: Some districts are using "multiple frameworks" to display different metrics on different dashboards. Multiple frameworks have been configured by your implementation specialist or via Support with your input. The frameworks will use the visibility settings, plus any additional limitations of that framework.
This table below outlines what will display on each dashboard based on your selections. You can also watch this video to view step by step instructions.
|Visibility Settings Status||District Profile||Our Schools||School Profile||Our Students||Student Profile|
|Toggled on for all schools||visible||visible||visible||visible||visible|
|Toggled on, no schools listed||visible||visible, will show data for any school that has data||hidden||
user with access to multiple schools: visible when no school filter is selected by user in overall row and for students with data
hidden when one school is selected by user or user only has access to one school
|Toggled on, one or more schools listed||visible||visible, will show data for any school that has results regardless of whether it is a listed school||
visible only for schools listed in Visibility Settings
hidden for all other schools
user with access to multiple schools: visible when no school filter is selected in overall row and for students with data
visible when a user selects a school listed in Visibility Settings
hidden when a user selects a school that is not listed in Visibility Settings
visible only for students in schools listed in Visibility Settings
hidden for all other schools
- You can edit the metric name and definition for each metric. In addition, you can preview how your changes will look in the preview tile on the page. Note that changes to the metric name on student views (e.g. Student Profile) will have to be made by the support team.
- You can configure one link per metric tile and test it. This "Other Reports" button link appears in Metric Zoom. For metric uploads, the "Other Reports" link appears directly on the tile. Read more about custom links in Schoolzilla here.
- You can also set goals at the district and school level. Read more about setting goals here.
Additional information for each metric can be configured, including tooltip language, performance level cut points, and student metric labels and definitions by contacting Support.