Definition: Percent of high school students at or above x term GPA
Default Cut Point: 3.0
Periodicity (time period): Periodic - calculates for within a term
Default Performance Levels:
|3.5 or above GPA||Term GPA ≥ 3.5|
|3.0-3.5 GPA||3.0 ≥ Term GPA < 3.5|
|2.5-3.0 GPA||2.5 ≥ Term GPA < 3.0|
|2.0-2.5 GPA||2.0 ≥ Term GPA < 2.5|
|Below 2.0 GPA||Term GPA < 2.0|
Default Dataset Filter: Students in grade levels 9-12
- Admin User: Terms - A term is based on the course/class length, such as a year-long course. We calculate results for each term group that you have set up in Data Configuration Settings. By default, term abbreviations from your source system are added to an "Uncategorized" group. You can create new term groups, put related values into each group and order the term groups.
- Grouping related values enables us to aggregate results across schools that have different term abbreviations for similar terms.
- The order enables us to display term groups in sequence on a trend line chart.
- Schoolzilla Support:
- Performance levels
- GPA Calculation: By default, Schoolzilla uses the unweighted GPA Type from your SIS (label of GPA Type may vary by SIS). To change the calculation type (e.g., Unweighted with Bonus Points), please submit a Support ticket.
- GPA Type: This is set up per SIS during implementation. To change the type of GPA (e.g., Rolling Term, Term), please submit a Support ticket.
- Grade Level at the Time: We use a default of grades 9-12. To adjust the grades included, please submit a Support ticket.
District and School Metric Calculation:
|Term GPA =||Number of students with x term GPA|
|Number of students with a GPA during the given term1|
- See below logic if a student is dual/concurrently enrolled.
- The metric on the District Profile/Our Schools shows the student's term GPA across campuses at the District.
- The metric on the School Profile shows the student’s term GPA earned at that school.
- The metric on the Student Profile shows the student's term GPA in the District (not just the current or selected school). On the Our Students page, the student will show two records - one for each enrolled school.
Student Level Metric: Student’s GPA earned within the term
Source: Student information system
Update frequency: Nightly
- Currently available to be pulled in directly for eSchoolPlus, Infinite Campus, Synergy, and Tyler.
- For Aeries API and Powerschool customers, a Schoolzilla GPA calculation is available for grades 9-12. This is based on final grades.
- For more details on Schoolzilla GPA calculations, see this Help Center article.