Definition: Percent of ever-enrolled students absent at least x times
Default Cut Point: at least 18 absences
Periodicity (time period): Ongoing - calculates as year-to-date (cumulative)
Default Performance Levels:
|0||Number of absences = 0|
|1-5||1 ≥ Number of absences ≤ 5|
|6-10||6 ≥ Number of absences ≤ 10|
|11-17||11 ≥ Number of absences ≤ 17|
|18+||Number of absences ≥ 18|
- Admin User: n/a
- Schoolzilla Support: Performance levels (absence count cutoff thresholds)
District and School Metric Calculation:
|Absence rate =||Number of students who have been absent at least x times|
|Number of students enrolled 1, 2, 3|
- Students who had an enrollment and attendance record in the current academic year, including exited students.
- If a student is dual/concurrently enrolled, his/her absences would contribute to the school where the absences took place.
- The student records that are used to calculate the district absence rate include all absences the student has received in the district, not just what was received in the current or selected school. See below logic.
- The metric on District Profile/Our Schools uses a student's absences in the district.
- The metric on School Profile uses a student's absences received in that school (including students who are no longer enrolled, but were enrolled anytime that year).
- The metric on Our Students/Student Profile shows a student's absences in the district (not just the current or selected school).
Student Level Metric: Total number of absences
Source: Student Information System
Update Frequency: Nightly
- The absence rate metric leverages the day-level attendance code from your student information system in counting absences.
- The absence rate and/or student count of absences may differ slightly from other Schoolzilla attendance metrics as those leverage attendance settings in your student information system that may allow for partial attendance, or be based on periods present or absent (ex. attendance conversion items in PowerSchool), while the absence rate metric specifically uses the day-level attendance code populated by the SIS.
- This metric cannot support class-level absences at this time.