Definition: Total number of suspensions. Includes all suspensions (some students may be suspended more than once)
Periodicity (time period): Ongoing - calculates as year-to-date (cumulative)
Default Cut Point: n/a
Default Performance Levels: n/a (instead, you will see a calendar view of the last two calendar months with a count for each day)
- Admin User: which behavior response should be considered a Suspension in the Data Configurations Settings. See here for further guidance on how you can edit this configuration.
- Schoolzilla support: n/a
District and School Metric Calculation:
Suspension count = Number of suspensions1,2,3,4
- Students who had an enrollment and attendance record in the current academic year, including exited students.
- A school’s suspension metrics only include students’ suspension data from when they attended that school.
- If a student is dual/concurrently enrolled, his/her suspensions would contribute to the school where the suspensions took place.
- The student records that are used to calculate the district suspension rate and count include all suspensions the student has received in the district, not just what was received in the current or selected school. See below logic.
- The metric on District Profile/Our Schools uses a student's suspensions in the district.
- The metric on School Profile uses a student's suspensions received in that school (including students who are no longer enrolled, but were enrolled anytime that year)
Student Level Metric: n/a (to see the total number of suspensions at the student level, leverage the Suspension Rate metric)
Source: Student Information System (or behavior system, e.g., SWIS, Kickboard)
Update Frequency: Nightly
- This metric may not match your state reporting calculation due to the fact Schoolzilla incorporates all students ever enrolled in the school year in this metric. A student is considered as ever enrolled even if he/she was enrolled for only one day.
- If two different systems that you have connected to Schoolzilla overlap in capturing suspensions (ex. a suspension is tracked in your student information system and the same suspension is tracked in Kickboard), Schoolzilla cannot differentiate between those events and will instead show them as duplicates. Schoolzilla Support can add a parameter to use only one system as a source of truth if preferred.