Definition: Percent of students with scores at or above the state proficiency level
Periodicity (time period): Annual
Default Cut Point: Dependent on state assessment
Default Performance Levels: Dependent on state assessment. The number of levels and the default cut point will adapt to the conventions used in your state.
- Admin User: None
- Schoolzilla support: Dataset filters (e.g., limiting to specific grade levels)
District and School Metric Calculation:
proficiency rate =
|Number of students who are at/above state proficiency level|
|Number of students with valid scores1, 2, 3, 4|
- Students who completed the state assessment and had a valid score, including students who have exited the district.
- A school’s state assessment metrics only include students’ state assessment data from when they attended that school.
- If a student is dual/concurrently enrolled, his/her scores would contribute to the school where the scores were earned.
- The student records that are used to calculate the district metric include all assessments completed while the student was enrolled in the district. See the logic below.
- The metric on District Profile/Our Schools uses a student's assessment records from any school in the district.
- The metric on School Profile uses a student's assessments completed in that school (including students who are no longer enrolled, but were enrolled when they completed the assessment)
- The metric on Our Students/Student Profile shows the most recent assessments completed while the student was enrolled in the district, even if the student was enrolled in another school at the time.
Student Level Metric: Proficiency level
Source: Varied (state assessment data file)
Update frequency: Periodic (as files are uploaded)