Definition: Percent of students with scores at or above the state benchmark on the Star assessment
Periodicity (time period): Periodic - calculates for a specific test period
Default Cut Point: Will depend on the proficiency cut point for your state.
Default Performance Levels:
The number of levels and the default cut point will adapt to the conventions used in your state. If your state has 4 levels and level 3 is considered proficient, then these are the default performance levels:
|Level 4||State Benchmark Level = 4|
|Level 3||State Benchmark Level = 3|
|Level 2||State Benchmark Level = 2|
|Level 1||State Benchmark Level = 1|
- Admin User: none
- Schoolzilla support: none
District and School Metric Calculation:
|Star state benchmark
proficiency rate =
|Number of students who are at/above state benchmark|
|Number of students tested in the most recent screening window1, 2, 3, 4|
- Students who completed the Star benchmark assessment and had a valid benchmark score in the most recent screening window (excludes deactivated tests), including students who have exited.
- A school's Star metrics only include students’ Star data from when they attended that school.
- If a student is dual/concurrently enrolled, his/her scores would contribute to the school where the scores were earned.
- The student records that are used to calculate the district metric include all assessments completed while the student was enrolled in the district. See the logic below.
- The metric on District Profile/Our Schools uses a student's assessment records from any school in the district.
- The metric on School Profile uses a student's assessments completed in that school (including students who are no longer enrolled, but were enrolled when they completed the assessment)
- The metric on Our Students/Student Profile shows any assessments completed while the student was enrolled in the district, even if the student was enrolled in another school at the time. If the student completed more than one assessment within the window, the most recent score will be used.
Student Level Metric: State benchmark proficiency level score
If the student completed more than one assessment within the window, the most recent score will be used.
Source: Renaissance Star
Update frequency: Nightly