Definition: Percent of students who have x or more office referrals
Default Cut Off: 3 office referrals
Periodicity (time period): Ongoing - calculates as year-to-date (cumulative)
Default Performance Levels:
|No Office Discipline Referrals||Office Discipline Referrals = 0|
|1-2 Office Discipline Referrals||1 ≥ Office Discipline Referrals ≤ 2|
|3-5 Office Discipline Referrals||3 ≥ Office Discipline Referrals ≤ 5|
|6+ Office Discipline Referrals||Office Discipline Referrals > 6|
- Admin User:
- Behavior Categories deemed office referrals in the Data Configurations Settings. See here for further guidance on how you can edit this configuration. *Please note that all Behavior Categories in the Office-Managed (Minor, Major) AND the Uncategorized (default) categories are included in the metric.
- Behavior Responses flagged or not flagged as "Not Office Referral" in the Data Configuration Settings.
- Schoolzilla Support: Performance levels
District and School Metric Calculation:
referral rate =
|Number of students who have x or more office referrals|
|Number of students enrolled1, 2, 3, 4|
- Students who had an enrollment and attendance record in the current academic year, including students who have exited.
- A school's behavior metrics only include students’ behavior data from when they attended that school.
- If a student is dual/concurrently enrolled, his/her incidents would contribute to the school where the incidents took place.
- The student records that are used to calculate the district office referral rate and count include all referrals the student has received in the district, not just what was received in the current or selected school. See below logic.
- The metric on District Profile/Our Schools uses a student's office referrals in the district.
- The metric on School Profile uses a student's office referrals received in that school (including students who are no longer enrolled, but were enrolled anytime that year)
- The metric on Our Students/Student Profile shows a student's office referrals in the district (not just the current or selected school).
Student Level Metric: Total number of office discipline referrals
Source: Student information system and/or behavior system (e.g., SWIS, Kickboard)
Update frequency: Nightly
- This metric may not match other reporting calculations due to the fact Schoolzilla incorporates all students ever enrolled in the school year in this metric. A student is considered as ever enrolled even if he/she was enrolled for only one day.
- If two different systems that you have connected to Schoolzilla overlap in capturing discipline referrals (ex. an office referral is tracked in your student information system and the same office referral is tracked in Kickboard), Schoolzilla cannot differentiate between those events and will instead show them as duplicates. Schoolzilla Support can add a parameter to use only one system as a source of truth if preferred.