Definition: Percent of students who achieved mastery (70% or above). Calculation represents the sum of points earned, divided by the sum of possible points for a specific subject and test period.
Default Cut Point: Scored at or above 70%
Periodicity (time period): Periodic - calculates for a specific test period
Default Performance Levels:
|At or above 90%||Percent correct on all applicable benchmarks ≥ 90|
|80 to 89.9%||80 ≥ Percent correct on all applicable benchmarks < 90|
|70 to 79.9%||70 ≥ Percent correct on all applicable benchmarks < 80|
|60 to 69.9%||60 ≥ Percent correct on all applicable benchmarks < 70|
|Below 60%||Percent correct on all applicable benchmarks < 60|
- Admin User:
- To ensure that these metrics populate correctly, go to Data Configuration Settings and indicate all of the possible Scopes that could be used to calculate a district-created benchmark assessment metrics.
- If you are unsure how to populate this field in Illuminate, please refer to Managing Assessment Scopes or Subject Areas on the Illuminate support page.
- Schoolzilla support: Performance levels
District and School Metric Calculation:
benchmark proficiency =
|Number of students who are at/above 70% mastery|
|Number of students tested in the most recent test period 1, 2, 3, 4|
- Students who completed the Illuminate benchmark assessment and had a benchmark score in the most recent test period, including students who have exited.
- A school's Illuminate benchmark proficiency metrics only include students' Illuminate benchmark data from when they attended that school.
- If a student is dual/concurrently enrolled, his/her scores would contribute to the school where the scores were earned.
- The student records that are used to calculate the district metric include all assessments completed while the student was enrolled in the district. See the logic below.
- The metric on District Profile/Our Schools uses a student's assessment records from any school in the district.
- The metric on School Profile uses a student's assessments completed in that school (including students who are no longer enrolled, but were enrolled when they completed the assessment).
- The metric on Our Students/Student Profile shows any assessments completed while the student was enrolled in the district, even if the student was enrolled in another school at the time. If the student completed more than one assessment within the test period, the most recent score will be used.
Student Level Metric: Percent score for all benchmarks for the specific subject and test period
Update frequency: Nightly
- This metric only works if you have the illuminate_test connector. The illuminate_test connector includes only test scores and does not have item-level response data. The illuminate_dna connector is not supported for this metric. It is not possible to have both connectors. If you have illuminate_dna but are interested in accessing this metric, please contact your Project Manager.
- By default, we only calculate this metric for the following subjects: Mathematics, English Language Arts, Science, and History-Social Science. All of these subject areas can be configured. We can also include additional subjects at your request. If interested in adding more subjects or modifying subject areas, please submit a support ticket.
- Only overall scores are included. This metric does not show specific standard-level, or question group performance.
- Since we calculate a student’s percent score by taking the sum of points earned divided by the sum of points possible, this score may reflect performance on multiple assessments. We do not add any additional assessment weights beyond the points possible value.
- Illuminate DnA does not quite have the same conception of 'Test Periods' that Schoolzilla uses (there are administration windows, but these are set on a test-specific basis). Since test period information is not available in the source data, we populate this information with a default set of test periods as follows:
- Fall: 7/01 to 11/30
- Winter: 12/01 to 03/30
- Spring: 04/01 to 06/30
- If you wish to overwrite these default configurations, please download the Test Period Template and submit via My Data. For more information about test period customizations, please see our Help Center article.